Business Consulting Resources, Inc. (BCR), www.businessconsultingresources.com, a strategy, management and organizational development consulting firm with over 40 years of consulting knowledge in Hawaii and beyond, is looking for an experienced Administrative Assistant. We are looking for someone who likes to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. This is a part-time position with potential for growth.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Supporting senior consultants/Administrative Manager with scheduling appointments, meetings, conference (Zoom) calls and travel
- Assisting consultants/Administrative Manager with their work product, reports and other client deliverables
- Communicating with clients as requested
- Assisting with research projects as needed
- General office administrative support
- 2+ years of proven results in an office administration role
- Strong verbal/written communication skills and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Computer and tech savvy, including advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite and G Suite
The current compensation and benefit package is competitive with the Hawaii market for similar positions.
Please submit your resume with a cover letter outlining your interest and background. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Support the firm’s engagements with a variety of clients as BCR advises them on strategic and senior level management and operational issues. Strategy, management, business development, financial management and projections, human resources and organizational development and other business-related experience is called upon to be successful in this role.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities
- Generate new business through effective communication of BCR capabilities during networking opportunities, prospecting, capabilities presentations and other methods of business development suitable for the firm
- Conduct research and gather data to understand the client organization and the work that the firm will be doing for the client
- Identify issues within the client company and forming hypotheses and solutions
- Present findings and recommendations to the client
- Implement recommendations/solutions along with the client and ensuring the client receives the necessary assistance to carry it all out
- Manage various projects and programs for the client, as mutually agreed and as defined in the scope of work
- Responsible for functioning as lead consultant with at least 8 retainer clients and participating in work product delivery for other hourly and project client engagements
- Conduct interviews and working meetings with senior leadership or other client staff as appropriate to define projects and tasks and to achieve scope of work objectives and client deliverables
- Communicate and consult with other BCR consultants and associates as needed to complete client work in a coordinated, timely way at the quality levels defined by the firm
- Support all aspects of client engagements from scope definition to delivery of work product
- Contribute to written and verbal communication with the client, specific to the scope of work
- Execute various projects and initiatives along with the client
- Measure results for clients and BCR team
- Plan and coordinate the development of primary and secondary market research in support of engagements as required
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis of data, as required
- Interpret, evaluate, interrelate research data for inclusion into client briefings and/or reports
- Meeting with client services manager on a regular basis to track work load, client deliverables, capacity etc.
- Participate in BCR marketing, PR and communication efforts, including the BCR blog, electronic newsletter and other marketing and PR efforts that the company pursues
- Participate in internal meetings with the BCR team, especially the weekly operations meeting and team huddle.
- Solid academic background, preferably at Masters level or higher – in business, organizational development, or related discipline
- A minimum of 4 years of diversified and successful experience in
- strategy, finance, organizational development, broad-based human resources consulting
- business ownership/operations in an entrepreneurial and/or middle market context
- demonstrated results in business development, sales and marketing
- demonstrated economic, financial, problem-solving skills, accompanied by knowledge and understanding of business concepts
- Proficient with spreadsheet, word processing and presentation software
- Strong communicator in a variety of situations; ability to display calm and cool-headedness in stressful situations; effectiveness in sharing and synthesizing knowledge and data
- Able to work within deadlines on multiple client engagements
- Able to work within a consulting team environment, accepting and sharing advice and ideas with peer consultants
- Able to self-manage and self-direct, taking initiative when appropriate
Business Consulting Resources (BCR) is looking for a dynamic, creative, and detail-oriented social media manager to coordinate all aspects of strategic content development, scheduling, and posting of content across multiple media channels.
Business Consulting Resources (BCR) has championed successful business transformations for 40 years. BCR provides a comprehensive portfolio of consulting services and solutions to help our clients solve complex problems. At BCR, we are committed to taking the time to become familiar with who our clients are and what our clients are about in order to provide them with top-notch business solutions. Our broad range of consultants and partnerships in a number of industries ensures that our clients have top-level experience in their business niche.
If you have any questions about this internship opportunity, please email us at email@example.com
- Build and implement a social media strategy for Business Consulting Resources across primary channels (Online Newsletter and LinkedIn- other channels may be added in the future).
- Create actionable plans to grow engagement and followers via analytics.
- Curate interesting and relevant content related to BCR’s consulting work, family-owned enterprises and women in family business.
- Write copy, create graphics, post to our accounts, and create and manage our publishing calendar.
- Examine and report on audience development via analytics.
- Familiarity with social media, especially Newsletter creation and distribution and LinkedIn.
- An eye for design, proficient in Canva and other media design platforms.
- Up to date with current events and social media trends.
- Ability to think outside of the box and find ways to creatively engage with social audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized with attention to detail, values fact-checking, and editing.
- Prior experience with social media analytics and graphic design using Photoshop is a plus.
- Available for 10-15 hours a week.
Business Consulting Resources is committed to creating and maintaining an environment that promises diversity and tolerance in all areas of its work and access to its archive activities. We do not discriminate based on age, race, color, creed, sex or gender, sexual orientation, religion, mental or physical disability, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Please inquire about eligibility for course credits at your university.